BDS NEEDS PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
1) Lunch room monitors: Lunch starts at 10:20 with our energetic 6th Graders. We need Parents to be present so that we can keep lively but orderly!
2) Classroom parents: We need parents willing to work with teachers to help keep all of our parents in the loop. A parent who volunteers for this position will be assigned to a class that their child is in and will work with the teacher to call/email parents with class updates!
3) Attendance volunteers: Dr. Patrylo needs volunteers to call home for families for attendance. All you have to do is get the call tree and call and say, “Hello I am a volunteer from Baltimore Design School and I am calling to remind you that school starts at 8:00.” This quick phone call can make a difference in whether or not our Designers get to school on time!
4) File organization
5) Front desk/reception: There are days at BDS where it is all hands on deck! That means on occasion having someone to handle visitors and the front desk.
6) Library book cataloging: BDS has thousands of wonderful books for our designers, but they can’t be put in circulation unless they are cataloged. Cataloging a book takes 5 minutes, and so just imagine, 90 minutes of your time means our designers could have 18 new books to check out!
– If you are interested in volunteering, please come in to school and fill out the volunteer form. All parents that volunteer in the school must undergo a background check (unless you are already employed by BCPSS). The volunteer form starts the process and is available at the front desk from Ms. Canal or Mr. O’Hara.