Announcements January 23, 2018
BDS Students accepted into MICA’s ADCAP Program
This year, the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) launched the Art & Design College Accelerator Program (ADCAP). Of the 15 spots in the program for sophomore students, BDS students currently fill 10 of those spots.
ADCAP provides a pathway to high quality art and design college education for Baltimore City students from diverse backgrounds. MICA is committed to providing equitable access for city residents with demonstrated promise who are interested in pursuing a degree in art and design. Participating students will receive not only the advantages of MICA’s educational material and curriculum, but also receive the beneﬁts of a dedicated support network and individual mentorship.
This is an amazing opportunity for our students. Over the course of their three years in the program, students will:
- Build their skills through a variety of workshops
- Complete 7 Portfolio Preparation courses through MICA’s Young People’s Studios
- Have access to an academic tutor throughout the school year
- Participate in the summer Pre-College Art & Design Residency Program, earning 3 college credits
- Build a college admissions portfolio and compete for MICA freshman scholarships
- Hone interpersonal skills in leadership, critique, and mentorship development
- Engage with a MICA college admissions counselor for mock interviews and feedback
- Learn from professional artists and designers and gain insight into the art and design professions
We are so thrilled that our students get to participate in this invaluable experience. We are especially thrilled to have so many BDS students represented in the program! We look forward to seeing the growth and enhanced skill sets of our students. MICA has been a long time partner of the Baltimore Design School since its inception. We are thrilled to have such awesome community partners.