Announcements September 25, 2020
BDS Weekly Round-Up SEPTEMBER 25 (There’s a TON of info, but take some time to look through)
Principal Valentine’s Message Greetings, BDS Families, I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude! Virtual learning, supporting your scholars, working, reading posts, watching videos, etc., is a lot! However, over 200 families attended several of the July and August, Sunday & Monday sessions to remain informed. Many families worked hard to logon […]
Principal Valentine’s Message
Greetings, BDS Families,
I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude! Virtual learning, supporting your scholars, working, reading posts, watching videos, etc., is a lot! However, over 200 families attended several of the July and August, Sunday & Monday sessions to remain informed. Many families worked hard to logon to Virtual Back-to-School Night, despite the Zoom authentication issues. Many of you have made it a priority to stay engaged by calling and emailing to make sure things are right or to express gratitude. THANK YOU! Because of your commitment, the house to house well-visits made by staff, and over 550 logged customer service calls made by the team to ensure your information is correct in the system, BDS has touched and accounted for 544 out 545 students… 99.8%! Our goal is to be at 100% after we conduct our last home visit today.
Furthermore, if you have clarity questions, feedback for growth, or any recommendations to make things better, please shoot Mr. Brozene and me a Parent Square message. In closing, I am asking all of us to commit to Four Agreements:
- Speak Impeccable words about yourself, your scholar, and anyone connected to you
- Take Nothing Personal! What other people do, think, or say is not a reflection of you
- Make No Make Assumptions. If you are confused or concerned about a decision made, reach out to the Admin Team. We are always here to support you!
- Do your best every day! Some days are tough, and things happen that make some days harder than others – still – DO YOUR BEST!
Assistant Principal Brozene’s Message
Greetings BDS families,
As we near the end of September, I want to thank you all for your patience and resilience during virtual learning. I know many have had troubles getting connected and have had to logon and re-logon to Zoom many times. While it may have been easier to simply just disconnect you have persevered and kept trying or reached out for support. We want to take the time to thank you for all you have done to make sure you got to class and did not miss instruction! To further support your efforts we were able to work with Verizon to expand the data plans on the Chromebooks from 10Gs to 30Gs each month. This is extremely exciting news and will further ensure connectivity is not a problem. We also want to thank the over 250 families who have picked-up their new Chromebooks. If you have not gotten your device, please reach out as soon as possible.
As for attendance, please ensure your scholars are logging on everyday. If you are having connection problems, please let your teachers know so they can support and accurately mark attendance.
Thank you to everyone and please feel free to reach out!
Click on the headlines to read full post.
- School news
- Back-to-School Orientation Video for grades 6 – 9
- Back-to-School Orientation Video for grades 10-12
- If your student missed a class or was absent, please make sure to contact their teachers and complete this form.
- Tech Support Help Ticket – Please review trouble shooting tips or fill out help ticket using link
- Instructions for your scholar to download StudentSquare
- School News: Annual 504 reviews started this week. If your child has a 504 plan, please be on the lookout for an email from Ms. Kaplan regarding scheduling.
- SURPRISE COVID-19 Pop-up Gratitude Event for Christine Frederick (TODAY)
- Attendance update –
- Class news
- BDS teachers innovate best practices for virtual education
- Shout out to Ms. Williams for being going above and beyond to support the social/emotional needs of all her learners
- Shout out to Ms. Peoples and Ms. Logan for incorporating engaging and fun activities into their advisory
- Ms. Krauss wants to shout out to all students and teachers taking risks and trying out the Chrome extensions!
Click on the headlines to read full post.
– Seeking Students in grades 6 – 8 for “Teachers of Tomorrow” with Leaders of Tomorrow Youth Center, Inc. this Fall!
– P-EBT UPDATE (All students enrolled in Baltimore City Schools should have received P-EBT benefits)– Baltimore City residents may qualify for grocery box delivery—Find out by calling today
– Get the latest September free food and meals information for families